2/05/2012

Engineer Caricature1

I needed about more than 24hours doing this caricature after about more than a month of not doing one. I am surprised I had forgotten the technique I had been doing lately regarding coloring the facial muscles with colour pencils. I needed a long time coloring the face, the detailed lines requires a hell of a concentration. It is too bad I am a "detail freak". It is like a disease, I will not be cured from it. I hope that I can improve on being faster next time. I really cannot kill the moods. I had learned a good point this time- that it is bad to draw lines to represent the facial shadows. These lines after a while turn out to be wrinkles and will turn the subject older. I am lucky that I was able to erase the facial lines in this one. Throughout my study and research, caricature subjects look simple and a bit cartoonish as possible. No extra facial lines, not unless it was something that the subject had to have because it is a unique distinction of him/her. Also, subjects tend to look younger and funny in a good way. Another lesson learned is that to keep your background as pale as possible so as not to overpower the subject. Hence, a thick inking should be done on the subject. Am I talking too much already? haha! Well, just trying to share what happened. I used all colored pencils as possible, though I could not resist using a pen because it takes a short time coloring. Posting the next Engineers soon. Give me some mean, painful comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...